Instructor: Trisha Beasley, Email me! 317-259-5265 x43000
One or two year program, 3 hours per day (3 credits per semester)
Prerequisite(s): Child Development class (recommended)
Related College or Technical School Majors: Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Special Education, Nanny Certification, Child Life Specialist, Child Development Associate, CDA
Job Opportunities: Teacher’s Aide in a Child Care Center, Nanny, Camp Counselor, In-home Child Care
Certification(s) available: Pre-Pac, CDA (Child Development Associate)
Dual Credit: 12 credits from Ivy Tech (1st year – 9 hours, 2nd year – 3 hours)
Youth Organization: FCCLA
- Employment of Early Childhood Teachers is expected to grow by 35 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations.
- Concentration is on children’s developmental domains and skills in instruction and observing
- Emphasis placed on the development of skills and techniques for providing appropriate environments and care for young children
- Participation is required at JEL Child Care Preschool Learning Center (ages 3, 4, and 5) and various elementary schools along with neighboring childcares or preschools: observing, teaching, and working one-on-one with students.
- Students must complete the following: physical, TB and drug test, and a Criminal Background History check.
- Training will be provided in class: First Aid/CPR, Universal Precautions and Child Abuse & Neglect Awareness.
|Dual Credit Information|
|Course Number||Course Name||Credit Amount||College|
|ECED 100||Intro to Early Childhood Ed||3 Credits||Ivy Tech Community College|
|ECED 101||Health, Safety & Nutrition||3 Credits||Ivy Tech Community College|
|ECED 103||Curriculum in the Classroom||3 Credits||Ivy Tech Community College|
Click here to find out more about 2nd year, Early Childhood Education II.
Or, see your Guidance Counselor, or contact Carrie Dodd @ 259-5265 x44018 for more information!